Kawasaki SX 4X4
The Kawasaki Mule SX 4X4 is built to be strong and work hard. It is designed to be a true Go-Anywhere vehicle.
Some key features within this model include an automotive dashboard design, based on the PRO series this design puts all the controls simply within the reach of the driver, as well as this there is a tilted steering wheel, this can adjust allowing the driver to sit comfortably while driving and make it easier to get in and out of the vehicle.
There are multiple comfort features such as the front and rear suspension which improves stability and suspension action which assists in off-road bump absorption as well as providing improved handling for the user.
There is a removable front hood which allows access to a 60 litre sealed storage area and the hood release is on the cab side, allowing access from inside the cab as well as this there is a large cargo bed and the machine itself has a towing capacity of 500kg.
- Engine type: Air-cooled, OHV, 4-stroke single
- Displacement: 401cm3
- Bore and stroke: 82 x 76mm
- Compression ratio: 8:6:1
- Fuel system: fuel injection
- Ignition: Magneto & transistor
- Starting system: electric
- Lubrication: Forced lubrication, wet sump
Performance & Transmission
- Maximum power: 9.9 kW (13.5 PS)/4000RPM
- maximum torque: 29 Nm (km)/2400rpm
- Transmission: CVT, 2-speed auto, reverse
- Final drive: Shaft 2WD/4WD
- primary reduction rato: 3.653-0.794 (Belt converter)
- final reduction ratio: 4.000 (64/16)
Brakes & Suspension
- Brakes, front & Breaks rear: dual hydraulic
- drums Suspension, front: Independent MacPherson strut
- Suspension rear, unit swingarm.
Frame and dimension
- Frame type: Ladder type, tubular steel
- Trail: 45 mm
- Wheel travel front: 78 mm
- Wheel travel rear: 79mm
- Tyre, front: 24 x 9-10
- Tyre rear: 24 x 11-10
- Steering angle, left/right: 43o (IN)/38o(OUT)
- LXWXH: 2710X1335X1800 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,780mm
- Ground clearance: 170mm
- Fuel capacity: 16 litres
- Seat height: 780mm
- Curb mass: 468kg